We believe how space feels and functions matters to our well being. So whether you’re looking for a simple re-fresh, a complete remodel, or are building from the ground up, we love to work with clients who have the same desire to inhabit interiors that reflect their lifestyles, interests and tastes.
FULL SERVICE DESIGN
We excel at assisting clients with the challenges inherent in changing space including space planning, selection of architectural details and finishes, custom cabinetry design and creating beautiful space through the selection of furnishings, fabrics and accessories to make your space tailor made for you.
From large scale remodels to simple, quick make-overs, the design team at RJohnston Interiors is committed to designing spaces that are a true reflection of each individual client.
Contact us to request an in-person design consultation or consider our e-décor option for smaller spaces.
E-DÉCOR INFORMATION FORM
FULL SERVE AND DEFINED SCOPE PROJECTS
Our Interior Decoration Process
A great project involves hundreds of details and a lot of follow up. Here’s how the process works:
This is where we do the work to understand your motivations for the project, your likes, dislikes, and priorities. We work to uncover any issues or unspoken concerns so you achieve the desired result. As designers, we look at the flow and use of your spaces and brainstorm ideas that maximize their function and use through creative layouts.
2. Conceptual Design and Schematics
This is where our creativity and experience come into play. We think, sketch, draw and redraw the first concepts of your space. We research options, talk to our vendors, create a palette for your space and review any applicable codes. We might bring in our contractor or subcontractors to make sure our vision can be implemented, or to get initial estimates. At this point, we come back to you with our preliminary suggestions, materials, finishes, budgets and concepts for your input and approval. Depending on the complexity of the project, this process could take several meetings.
3. Design Development
At this point we are designing the details of the project. We draw elevations, complete 3D renderings if requested, complete detailed drawings of specific design elements like cabinetry and millwork (architectural details) and finalize floor plans. During this phase of design, we finalize selections for your materials and finishes, write specifications and finalize details. We meet with the contractor or subcontractors to review the drawings and to ensure we answer their questions and concerns before they complete their pricing. If we are managing the purchasing process for your project, we request and confirm final pricing from all of the vendors and create proposals for the furnishings, window treatments and other items we are coordinating on your behalf. Once the revised budget, drawings, selections and proposals meet with your approval, we proceed to the next step.
4. Contract Documents and Specifications
If the scope of work includes construction, we review the bids to ensure the bidders read the scope of work and details completely. In some cases, we may act as your agent and oversee the process and assist with scheduling. If desired, we can manage and coordinate the entire project management process. If it is included in your scope of work, we execute purchasing on your behalf and continue to monitor purchases to ensure everything remains on schedule. We keep you informed throughout the process should there be any delays or complications. We inspect products prior to delivery and resolve any problems before installation.
What we’ve all been waiting for! Our team meets the delivery from the receivers and ensures every item is placed exactly where it was intended.
6. Job Finalization
We help you create a punch list of repairs and deficiencies and make sure everything is completed to our specifications and your satisfaction. At this point we add the jewelry with accessories and art if that is included in the scope of the project.
7. Wine Time
Sit back and enjoy your new space and start dreaming about the next project!
E -décor is an easy approachable way to utilize all the experience, knowledge and design savvy of RJohnston Interiors without retaining us for full service interior design. You do all the shopping, expediting, follow-up and installation using the thorough, easy to follow design plan and shopping guide provided by us.
Here’s how it works:
Y ou fill out the e-décor questionnaire and email us pictures and measurements of the room(s) to decorate If you have a Pinterest Board or Houzz Idea Book we’d love to see it. We get back to you on the fee for your individual scope of work. You pay the e-décor design fee, and we create a thorough design plan that includes the following:
Room Concept Board: We know visualizing finished space can be a challenge! Our room concept board let’s you see how all the elements in the room come together to create a pleasing whole.
Space Planning: We include a detailed, to scale, furniture layout which references back to your Room Concept Board. Ever bought that sofa that turned out to be too big for the room? Not this time! We make sure all the furniture fits and traffic flows in and through the room as it should.
Shopping List: Your shopping list gives you all the details to the items shown on your Room Concept Board with clickable links to recommended items. Your design questionnaire is our guide to where to send you to shop. So whether your budget allows for retail shopping only or has room for some custom touches, we’ve got you covered.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 1. E-décor is an on-line decorating consultation service only. All recommendations are regarded suggestion to improve the look of your space and not intended for construction purposes.
- 2. Client agrees to provide full information regarding the client’s requirements for the project.
- 3. RJohnston Interiors will perform e-décor services as expeditiously as is consistent with professional skill, care and the orderly progress of the e-décor project.
- 4. E-décor client agrees to correspond strictly through on-line communication. Client also agrees to additional fees of $75 per phone call or $75 per hour for in-person visits if request by client.
- 5. RJohnston Interiors will not be responsible for the means, methods or procedures of construction, fabrication, delivery and installation, or safety precautions in connection with the e-décor project. RJohnston Interiors will not be responsible for the acts or omissions of any contractor, subcontractor, supplier or other person performing work on the e-décor project. RJohnston Interiors will not be responsible for any timelines, schedules or completion dates for any contractor, subcontractor, supplier or other person performing work on the e-décor project
- 6. RJohnston Interiors cannot be held responsible for arranging repairs, replacement or freight claims for purchases made in conjunction with recommendations for any e-décor project.
By clicking “Submit” you agree to these terms and conditions.